Hamakua Coast Property Management was established to provide another level of service to our clients and community.
Our mission is to provide our clients excellent Property Management Services while servicing the rental needs of our community.
Check out the List of Services* we provide below and let us know how we can exceed your expectations.
Contact our Property Manager for details and questions.
- Kanoe Lindsey-Soares (808) 960-5962 or email@example.com
List of Services: Services marked with * may require additional funding
Evaluate property and determine an accurate rental rate:
- Offer recommendations on repairs and cosmetic improvements that maximize monthly rent while providing good ROI
- Gather data on rental rates in the area and work with owners to determine the optimal rental rate. Rent research will vary, but will include looking at the recently rented comparables according to size, type and neighborhood.
- Discuss with owners the pros and cons of different policies such as accepting pets, allowing smoking, etc.
- Install a lock box when appropriate
- Advertise and Market the property for rent*
- Perform detailed documentation of the interior and exterior including photos
- Prepare home for rent*
- Insure home clean and optimize interior appeal
- Suggest proper landscaping* to increase curb appeal
Advertise and Market Property
- Create ads tailored to the property
- List property on both paid* and free rental listing websites
- Advertise in Print publications*
- Place Signs on property as appropriate
- Enter into National databases and MLS
- Post Fliers
- Work with other realtors and leasing agents to find tenants
Tenant Screening and Selection
- Field calls from prospects for questions and viewings
- Meet prospective tenants for showings throughout the week and weekend.
- Provide prospective tenants with rental applications that are legally compliant with fair housing laws
- Collect applications with application fee
- Perform a background check to verify identity, income, credit history, rental history, etc.
- Grade tenant according to pre-defined tenant criteria
- Inform tenants who were turned down
- Draw up leasing agreement
Tenant Move In
- Confirm move in date with tenant
- Review lease guidelines with tenant regarding things like rental payment terms and required property maintenance
- Ensure all agreements have been properly executed
- Perform detailed move in inspection with tenant and have tenants sign a report verifying the condition of the property prior to move-in.
- Collect first months rent and security deposit
- Receiving rent
- Hunting down late payments
- Sending out pay or quit notices
- Enforcing late fees
Tenant Move Out
- Inspect unit and fill out a report on the property’s condition when the client moves out
- Provide tenant with a copy as well as estimated cost for repair of damages
- Return the balance of the security deposit to the tenant
- Forward any portion of the owner’s portion of the tenant deposit to the owner or hold in owner reserves for repairs
- Clean unit and perform and needed repairs or upgrades*
- Re-key the locks*
- Put the property back on the market for rent
*Maintenance, Repairs, and Remodeling
- Establish a preventative maintenance policy to identify and deal with repair needs
- Perform periodic inspections of properties
- Contact, contract and follow up with repair, remodel and/or maintenance crews as needed*
- Provide an network of insured contractors
- Maintain outdoor areas-Arrange for mowing, trimming or dozing services and removal of trash and debris as needed*
- Provide accounting of property management services
- Prepare HI State GE Tax forms reflecting rental income for owner
- Detailed documentation of expenses via invoices and receipts
- Maintain all historical records (paid invoices, leases, inspection reports, warranties, etc.)
- Provide annual reporting, structured for tax purposes as well as required tax documents including a 1099 form
- Provide easy to read monthly cash-flow statements which offer a detailed breakdown of income and itemized expenses
- Understand and abide by the latest local, state and federal legislation that apply to rental applications, renters, renting and maintaining rental properties.
- Assist in the event of a legal dispute or litigation*
- Refer owner to a qualified attorney when necessary*
- Eviction Actions:
- Representing owner in court as required or requested
- Coordinating with law enforcement to remove tenant and tenants possessions from unit
*Larger Renovation or Rehab Projects
- Provide advice and recommendations on how the project can maximize rental income.
- Prepare preliminary cost estimates
- Get multiple independent bids for the work
- Oversee the project -act as Project Manager*